
This is for my friend Kristi who hasn't seen my new haircut. There is an interesting story that goes along with it (isn't there always? ;))
I was wanting to cut my hair, and it was long enough that I could donate it. I was planning on donating to Pantene Beautiful Lengths, which requires 8 inches of hair. I had really wanted to donate to Locks of Love, but they require 10 inches, and I wasn't willing to part with that much. I forgot a tape measure, but my stylist said we could use her combs (which were 6 and 8 inches) to measure. I was watching her in the mirror and I said something about her using an 8-inch comb and she told me no, it was 6 inches long. Having no perception of distance, I shrugged and said, "OK!" Well, when I got home, I measured my hair and found out there was 11 inches in the ponytail. She had actually used an 8-inch comb and, thinking it was shorter, added a couple of inches before she cut.
The bad news - Dwayne (and everyone else I know) was in shock. The good news - I got to donate to Locks of Love after all!
I had it cut the fifth of May, and it is already almost to my shoulders (long enough to get into pigtails again - yea!).
1 comment:
How funny! Your hair is ADORABLE! I love it! That short style looks great on you.
Post a Comment