
October orange
Originally uploaded by jen_lancaster
I thought I'd post my Facebook list of 25 things about me . I may add to this list as I think of things.
1. I had hoped to avoid compiling one of these lists. However, in the last 14 hours I have been tagged in 3 other lists.
2. I wish I had done this when it was only 16 Things About Me.
3. I cannot stand repetitive banging noises (kinda funny, since I have 2 kids).
4. I love sauerkraut.
5. I can't stand sausage.
6. I don't like the taste of alcohol. Why anyone would spoil a perfectly good pina colada (nature's perfect drink) with rum is beyond me...
7. I graduated from high school when I was 15.
8. I skipped grades 3, 8, and 1/2 of 12th. (see #7)
9. I had a substantial head wound and subsequent infection at birth. I was supposed to be blind, deaf, retarded, or some combination of the above.
10. I was born in a military hospital in Germany (see #9)
11. I was the WSU Woman of the Year in 1995.
12. I wish I had chosen a different major in college.
13. When I tried to get a copy of my birth certificate a few years ago (the original had been lost) I discovered that the state department had lost the record of my birth. Fortunately, I had a photocopy of the original so I could get another one issued. And, after all that, my mother found the original.
14. I hate ketchup, except in meatloaf.
15. My first crush was Benji Hillhouse in 4th grade. He wore a skinny tie...
16. I REALLY wish I had done this list earlier so I could stop here.
17. I have had surgery twice: wisdom teeth removed in 1990 and gall bladder removed in 2007.
18. I have been addicted to Carmex.
19. I have not seen a chick flick (with the exception of Pride and Prejudice, Phantom of the Opera, and In Her Shoes) since 1999. Incidentally, that is the year I got married...
20. I am starting to get into photography, especially since I got my cool new camera for Christmas.
21. I hate fast-food hamburgers. Wendy's McDonald's, Burger King, Spangles - all nasty!
22. I am a game nazi. I can't stand having game pieces out to get lost or destroyed. The strict rule in our house is you don 't get another game out until the first one is put away. No exceptions, or else it's "No game for you!"
23. I am a Sci-fi junkie. Star Trek (all except the first few seasons of Voyager - yuck!), Babylon 5, Stargate SG-1, Firefly. I love 'em!
24. We don't have cable, so don't ask me about Battlestar Galactica. Haven't seen it (see #23)
25. My best friend is Tracy Booker. We became friends on the way back from New Life Ranch, probably in 1986 or 1987.When I saved her a seat, my friend Rebecca told me she wanted to sit with the "popular people" (I'm serious - she actually said that to me!). So, I sat with Tracy and we shared McDonaldland cookies and endured the several hour "ride from hell". Giant tour bus, no working air conditioner, no opening windows, July in Oklahoma and Kansas. Yeah, it was hell. The bus ride, not the friendship. ;-)
26. I wanted to be an astronaut when I was a kid.
3 comments:
Wow! I know a Woman of the Year?! I never knew! That's cool! what was the catalyst for that happening? I'd say your friend on the bus was wrong...you were the popular people, she just didn't know it yet!
Well, I was an awards junkie in college. Mortar Board, Senior Honor Women and Woman of the year were my claims to fame. I didn't do the honor program. Must have been momentary insanity. ;-)
For the Woman of the Year you had to be involved on campus (and since I wasn't a Greek - sorority girl - my winning was pretty amazing), take a written test on the campus and its history, and do an interview with a panel of people. I always wondered if what gave me the edge was that I knew the alma mater. We had to write the words in the written test. The year before we'd had a new university president come in and the choir sang at his "inauguration". One of the songs we sang was the alma mater. Otherwise I would have had a big blank on my paper.
Our alma mater Wichita
Stands proudly on a hill
Our sons and daughters bow to thee ( I always hated this line...)
Our hearts with praises fill
So hail! our alma mater
Hail thee grand and true
Long live the yellow and the black
Oh Wichita, here's to you.
Well, that's pretty close to the actual words. Pretty crazy - I can't remember what my kids weigh but I can remember this crazy song after 14+ years. Sad.
OK - I had to look it up - it's "stands proudly on *the* hill", "our hearts with praise *we* fill", "*the* hail our alma later", and "Long *wave* the yellow and the black. Otherwise, it's right on the money!
I know - I'm pathetic!
Post a Comment