The first category we come to is Landscape/Seascape. I actually have already decided which one I'm going to submit. This is my favorite picture. What I feel is my best work (haha! "work"! don't I sound important!) I could use some help coming up with a title for this one, though.

The second category is Animal Kingdom. Our contestants are:
#1 - Brothers
#2 - The Kiss
The third category is Celebrate Wichita. I really don't have much for this category. Actually, it's just the same picture edited 2 different ways.
#1 - Old Town (color)

#2 - Old Town (B & W)
The final category is Human Interest. This is the hard one. My possibilities include:#1 - Rylee
#2 - The Path
#3 - Logan
#4 - Audrey
#5 Nathan (I have to admit - he is slightly out of focus. But I still love this shot)
#6 - Fishing with Papa
#7 - Feeding Frenzy
#8 - Surfin'
#9 - The Runner (again, my subject is slightly out of focus, but I like this one, too)
#10 - Fishing #1 (I'm thinking I should even out that horizon...)
#11 - Fishing #2
#12 - Papa's Hands
#13 - Batter Up!
#14 - Summer Splash
#15 - Preston (of course, this entry would be dependent on his parents allowing me to submit a picture of their son...)
I would do a poll, but I don't think I could do such a convoluted thing, so please leave me a comment and let me know what you think.
Thanks!
3 comments:
These are awesome pictures Jen! Love them all! Ok, here's my votes: The Kiss, and Fishing with Papa. They are all great, seriously! I just love the colors in the reflection on the lake in Fishing with Papa.
Don says his vote is Papa's hands. He thinks it would look really cool in sephia too. So there's are amateur votes. :)
Ooh, I love your icicle picture, too. Wish I were creative, all I've got for a title is 'Winter Wonder'
My votes go for Brothers. I do this thing when I'm looking at my pictures, which is to close my eyes, then open them and see what they settle on in the picture. There are so many textures in 'The Kiss' that I had a hard time finding a focal point. In 'Brothers', my eyes always go to the right brother.
Couldn't decide between b/w and color on the Old Town picture.
You've got so many great people pictures, it was hard to decide. I like 'Runner' because the sky is so interesting, and then you discover the runner in the picture.
I also love the picture of Logan, because his expression is just so funny. But then, I think he's funny so it may not be an unbiased opinion. I'm also with Kristi on Fishing with Papa.
And then I could just go on about each of them, so I'm probably not much help.
Good luck with the contest!
I love them all - they are amazing. But stricktly from an artist perspective, I would go with the Kiss. It draws you in. The brothers is beautiful, but the kiss has so much texture, nice balance. I find myself looking at it longer.
Logan is a fantastic picture. I laughed a little, and it is definately human interest. Some of the others are more like landscape pictures (although they are beautiful). I also like papa's hands - it tells a story, but Logan has a lot of personality to the picture.
As for the title for the first, I am not that good at these things, but I vote for '10 degrees'. I don't know why, I just think it fits and is catchy.
Good job Jen, I can see you have put some time into this.
- cherish
Post a Comment