
The Kiss
Originally uploaded by jen_lancaster
Well, I'm resorting to an old standby when I don't know what to post - I post a picture from my Flickr account. I took this picture at the zoo earlier this month. I'll probably be posting more pictures in a few days. I'm planning on entering the East Wichita News Photography Contest. I need feedback on which pictures to choose. Well, I know at least one of the pictures I'm going to contribute, but I need some help selecting the others. I also need to post pictures of our vacation, and of Audrey's first day of kindergarten.
I feel like I am really struggling with worry right now. I am co-president of the PTO this year and am starting to freak out a little bit that under my co-leadership things will implode into a chaotic and strife-filled mess. No, I don't tend to over-dramatize, why do you ask? N is seriously hating school and has been in a little trouble this week, and I am worried about him and some concerns I have with his academics. I have been having pains in my knuckles and my doctor says I have the beginnings of Heberden's nodes, which is a sign of arthritis. I am wanting to find a Bible study to join and am unsure where to go. I have tried some community-wide ones in the past and have found them to be lacking the personal connection I'd like to find. There are a couple of churches I can try, but I always feel awkward coming in as an outsider. I feel like an intruder. Add some possibly painful decisions that D and I are trying to make regarding some of our involvements, the near-beginning of World War III at the kids' showers tonight, and a healthy (or, more accurately, un-healthy) dose of spiritual apathy on my part and you have a recipe for stress. And worry. And a pointlessly rambling blog entry being made well after I should have gone to bed. I debate whether I should post this or delete it and wonder if being transparent is all that bad. I know I don't do it often enough - not even with myself. Maybe I just feel like I need a little prayer. So I will post this and probably regret it, even though I just discovered how to delete a blog entry after it has been posted (I've been trying to figure out how to do that for some time now...). Maybe I'll leave it, or maybe I'll chicken out tomorrow and delete it.
For now, I'm just going to bed.
3 comments:
Jen, I'm glad you didn't delete this post. It is hard to be open for sure, but know that we will be praying for you. Sounds like you guys have alot of tough decisions riding on your shoulders right now and that can make for alot of stress.
I can relate to several of the difficult things you mentioned...hang in there! And thanks for being open about what is going on in your life. We will be praying for you and your sweet family.
Thanks for sharing. That is real level 5 communication there ;o). Valerie has been talking about starting a Bible study on Saturday mornings if you are interested. I'm sure we could meet early in the morning so it does not conflict with various sports schedules.
Hope you were able to get come sleep last night (and in the nights to come). I'll certainly be praying.
Jen, isn't is funny how we think we should keep everything inside - but that is actually the worst thing. I hope you felt a little better posting this, and I am glad you did. Life is real, struggles are real, and although we want it to be (and know the benefits of is)- every day isn't a total love affair with Christ. It is true that we grow through the struggles - and He shows himself all the more. I hope this for you.
We are attending a new church now - and the women's bible study is starting up next week. I have been invited - and am also a newcomer - and would like it if you wanted to come with me. I know it is the opposite side of town, but the offer stands. Thursdays at 10am.
I will pray for you tonight.
- cherish
Post a Comment